Monday, May 23, 2005

June Gloom

Hi all

Here in Southern California a strange thing happens to the weather around June. It's called June Gloom and for whatever the meterological reasoning (I am too lazy to look it up) the weather here gets overcast and gloomy. The days start off gloomy and maybe late in the afternoon the sun will peak through a bit, but for the most part the days are gray. Well, June Gloom is starting here in Port Hueneme a little bit early this year. Today was the first day. One day this week I'll take a picture outside so you can compare it with the sunny outdoor photos on my blog.

But June doesn't just brings the gloomy weather. June 1st will mark the 2nd month of Josh's deployment to Iraq. Only 5 more months to go. Whoo hoo! (You have to celebrate the little things). The spouses of the other battalions and departments on this base have been very supportive of Ronan and me. It makes the time go by faster.

Well, that's it for now. To my family and Morning Glory friends -- We love you and can't wait to see you all! To my husband Josh -- Ronan and I love and miss you very much. Stay safe.

No comments: