Friday, November 30, 2007

November????????

Wow, where did November go? I feel like the month just flew by. Ronan, Josh and I had two Thanksgiving dinners this year. On Thursday the 22nd we went to our friends Wayne and Cindy's house along with 12 others for a great dinner. Sooooooooooo much food. Karthik is from India and he brought lemon rice and spicey chicken and Kinuko, who is from Japan, brought a Japanese salad. Very nice traditional food mixed with new foods. Very Tasty.

Thanksgiving weekend was not a good football weekend for the Perrys. GA Tech fell to GA (again), and LSU lost to Arkansas. I can only hope my brother Rourke regained his voice before going back to work on Monday the 26th. He is a huge LSU fan along with my oldest brother Tim. I felt for them when I saw the score of the game ON THE INTERNET! Damn the internet and AFN. The LSU game was obviously taped and set to be televised on AFN (Armed Forces Network) at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday the 24th, but I got online and the score was right there on the Yahoo home page. Oh well, I am sure it was a great game (until the final OT of course).

Josh bought us a Cannon EOS Digital Camera. Just in time for Ronan's and my trip down to Okinawa. On November 28th, Ronan and I flew down to Okinawa, Japan. It is the southern most Island that makes up Japan. Very tropical. It rained 2 out of the 3 days we were there. Ronan was cast as model for Fuji Digial Camera photo shoot. His pics may appear in any still photo ads for Fuji Digital Camera sometime next year. The way it was explained to me, he could be on websites, billboards, buses, magazines, etc... I took pics of Ronan has he waited around to be photographed. Wow, next time (if there is a next time) I will bring a computer and let him watch movies to help pass some of the time. Entertaining him was a bit tiring. We read the same four books over and over and over, but once we got to know thewe had fun hanging out with the other models and parents. The young girl was 8 and Russian. She spoke Russian and fluent Japanese, but no English (she has lived in Japan for 7 years, I think). The 5 year-old boy was from the Ukraine and could speak fluent Russian, a little Japanese and no English. Ronan spoke only English, so they all got along, of course. The boys father could speak English so I was never left out of the loop. The Japanese production crew were great and treated us very well. I will post the pics I took, mostly of Ronan playing while waiting around to get his picture taken, later.

That brings you all up to December. Today is the first of December and Ronan and I did not get home from the airport until after midnight. I must say, that this modeling thing Ronan has going on has made me have to travel long distances by train without Josh. I have navigated my way up to and from Tokyo on three separate occassions with the need to change trains and train lines. It has helped me to increase my confidence with train travel sans Josh.

Happy Holidays to all who read this post!
Kristin

No comments: