Thursday, February 01, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

Well, another year of my life as come and gone. My sweet self was born 30-something years ago on Ground Hogs Day. In Zushi, Japan I saw my shadow. Does that mean 6 more weeks of winter? I can never remember. No big plans today. I grew up in a family where birthdays were special. My mom always cooked our favorite food and then we would have ice cream cake from Baskin Robins. Chocolate Chip and Chocolate Mint. Since my older sister's birthday is the 31st of January and mine is on the 2nd of February, my parents usually had us celebrate together on February 1st. My mom would make spaghetti pie. It was delicious. I hope to start something traditional and special for Ronan and his birthday now that he understands that he has one. He can tell you the month and what cake he wants (A blue Thomas the Tank Engine cake of course). I will settle today for a great day with my son. --Cheers, Kristin

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday Kristin! I hope your day with Ronan was a good one. You deserve that icecream cake and special meal. I think think it's a lovely idea! When Peter and I come to visit we will have to have at least one meal special for each of our birthdays! Happy Birthday Kristin!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin - - and Happy Belated Birthday. Just decided to check your old blog site and look what I found - - all kinds of new adventures and a growing up baby boy!!! WOW!! I will check it more often. Glad that things are going mostly well for you in Japan - - it certainly is quite an adventure being so far away and with things so different! And you gotta love that toilet - - State of the art with so many push buttons to service every need!! I will definitely check your blog more often for updates on your adventures . . . Carol

Anonymous said...

Kristin, You share your birthday with Ivan's mother who was also born on Groundhog's Day. What a coincidence.

Mary