Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The Super Toilet



The pictures to the right is of our Super Toilet. The majority of homes off base in Japan have at least one in the home. We have two "water closets", but only one Super Toilet. So, Ronan is in the throws of potty training right now. He is also a two-year-old boy who likes to push buttons. Needless to say, when he pushed the bedet button and water squirted on his booty, he was a little traumatized. So much so that when I would pick him up to put him on the potty, he wanted to be taken to the upstairs water closet, wanting NOTHING to do with the Super Toilet. But alas, a breakthrough today. He pushed the far right button, which blows air to dry the bum and after some coaxing to have him turn it off himself, he realized that it was not such a terrible thing. Now he can't go to the potty without pushing the air button on the Super Toilet. I am trying to figure out a way to use this new discovery to my advantage with teaching him to initiate telling me he wants/needs to go potty. I'll keep you posted. ----Kristin

1 comment:

Joyfulness said...

What an interesting toilet... :)

And potty training... I will send my prayers!