Sunday, July 17, 2005

Traveling

tHello to all our family and friends
Ronan and I have been out of touch because we are traveling in the south and don't have as much access to the internet as we would like. I am unable to access my main account resulting in a loss of many email addresses while on the road. I will be back in touch on a more regular basis upon our return to California.

Our travels first took us to Gulfport, Mississippi. Can you say "hello Hurricane Dennis"? That is exactly what we were saying as we were glued to the weather channel. Our trip was cut short by 2 1/2 days because we fled to Lafayette, Louisiana to miss Dennis and you know he didn't even strike Mississippi? I am glad for my friends who live there and also for Pennsacola, FL. That poor town (as are others) is still trying to recover from the last onslaught of hurricanes. Anyway, Ronan and I went to Lafayette and visited with Marie and Eric (college friends-Geaux Cajuns!) and got to go eat at Cafe Des Amis in Breaux Bridge, Louisiana. Can I tell you that this is my favorite restaurant in LA? If you ever get the chance to visit Acadiana go to Breaux Bridge and eat at Cafe Des Amis. You will not regret it. We did not make it to Tsunami in downtown Lafayette this trip, but I have eaten there before and it is delicious too.

My mother, who originally wanted Ronan to call her C.C. but is now going to be called Cookie, drove down with her friend and picked us up and drove us up to Shreveport. This is the city I grew up in. Lot's of business growth in Shreveport or S'Port for short. I got in touch with some friends and then Cookie, nan and I drove up to Rogers, Arkansas to visit with my oldest brother and his family. They have a pool in the backyard that we swam in all day today and tomorrow we will go out on their boat on Beaver Lake. Tim said he'll bring his camera along and snap some photos and I will try and post one if I can.

More of our travels in the south later.

No comments: